Brief History of Dr. Shafii
Abbass Shafii, MD completed his post doctoral specialty training at Louisiana State University in 1994; he continued his post doctorate advanced training for ERCP& EUS procedures in Japan & China. Dr. Shafii has performed over 20,000 GI procedures since starting his practice. Dr. Shafii, his wife Rebecca and their two boys have lived in Colorado Springs for fifteen years.
St George University (1983)
Albany Medical Center (1989)
Internal Medicine (1990)
Louisiana State University Medical Center
Gastroenterology and Hepathology (1992)
Post Doctorate training:
Showa University in Japan
Shanghai medical University in China
Ren JI Chang Hai Hospital in China
Advanced training in ERCP, EUS and abdominal EU
Memorial Health System
Surgery Center at Printers Parkway
Honor and Awards:
Gastroenterology fellow award
Sir Gordon Wostenholme Award
- Assistant professor of medicine at Louisiana State University
- University of Colorado at Beth-EL School of Nursing
- Dr Shafii has published several medical research articles and participated in many clinical research studies.
- Dr Shafii has more than 16 years of experience in Gastroenterology and Hepathology.
- Dr Shafii has extensive clinical experience in patient care and has done more than 20,000 successful endoscopy procedure including EGD, Colonoscopy, Dilation, Polypectomy, ERCP, EUS and Peg tube placement.
- Dr Shafii considers being one of the leading gastroenterologists in the Pikes Peak Region.